Friday 5 August 2011

Letter to my Niece

Date of these photos are the same date as this letter. Little Miss Kieley watching her self eat nuggets on my phone.


Little Miss Kieley,

I started writing this letter the day you were born, but through all the excitement of you coming into this world I misplaced it. So I thought it was time to start a new one. 1 year and 2 months later.

The date is 5th August 2011, you are 14 months old and it has been 14 amazing months! I feel so lucky that I have had the chance to watch you grow & learn over the last year. I try to spend as much time as I can with you, especially now, as you experience the world for the very first time. You are such a smart and cheeky little girl, always putting a smile on everyones faces.

I doubt you are aware of this, you are only just over 1 year old. Since you were born I have made it a habit to get lots of photos of you, photos are amazing things, they hold so many memories. I think this has something to do with your love and obsession for Iphones. No body can have one in their hand without you running for it, and you already know how to light the screen up!! I know 70 year olds who most likely would struggle to work that out.

I love you, and from the day you were born I've said I’m going to do my damnest to be the best auntie there ever was, to love you unconditionally, to play with you, watch you grow, and spoil the hell out of you.

I'll invite you over for sleepovers at my house, with all the lollies and junk food you want, and watch movies and let you stay up late. (it's what the "cool" aunties do after all)

I’ll revel in buying you clothes and toys and whatever your heart desires – because isn’t that what aunties do?

Also Little Miss, you have the best parents ever! I know in your teenage years you wont agree with me, but once you get a little older and look back you will realise how amazing they are. You are their pride and joy...

I hope to be able to keep watching you grow up, even that I'm moving to the other side of the country soon. One of the hardest things about leaving is that I wont get to see your smiling face when ever I want. Lucky for the Internet!!

I promise to add a letter to this one every year!

I love you to the moon and back Little Miss.

Love Aunty Dani
xoxoxox





0 comments:

 

Copyright © Cantik Redzee. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver