Saturday 14 January 2012

Pannawonica

PANNAWONICA
(aka Panna, aka Pannadise)

 

Where to start, There is so much and so little to say about Panna. To all of you who know me personally you will know I am currently working in Western Australia in a little iron-ore mining town called Pannawonica that is located in the Pilbra region, about 200km south-west of Karratha.


In all seriousness this place is now my home. For how long? I have no idea. Im working on a 2&1 FIFO(Fly in/Fly out) roster, and lets be frank it works for me! 

What do I think of Panna?? Hmmm Well it's alright, I mean it is a beautiful place, so very different than home. It is a whole new lifestyle here, a totally different world than any I've been in before. When I am up here it is almost like the outside world doesnt exsist. No news, no PEAK HOUR traffic, no rude obnoxious anal barstards (Most the time anyway). The people up here seem pretty normal, but they sure do have their fair share of hillbillys. I know this may sound like a bunch of ramble mumbo jumbo, but when I think of Panna these are the things that come to my head.

And of course, how am I liking work? Work is work, It's a job, it pays the bills. I work with an awesome crew of guys and girls, most defiently one of the best crews I have had the pleasure of working with in a while.

So for now I'll share some photos just to keep it simple as I am sitting in my Dad's office, Just knocked off work and really needing a feed.

I've never been a huge fan of planes,
but with this job I guess it's part of the package

A positive thing about Panna is the
sunsets. This one was on my birthday
and it was beautiful to say the least.

Welcome to Panna airport!

Cyclone Season in Panna

Bronx the rabbit

Pannadise Sunset again!





0 comments:

 

Copyright © Cantik Redzee. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver