Thursday, 6 October 2011

Australian Airlines!

To my friends, family and anyone else who happens to fall across my blog,

As many of you may know I am now living in Mandurah, Western Australia. I moved here on Friday 30th September from Victoria. A big move has been something I have been wanting to do for a long time and that time finally came! But not without it's dramas...

Friday morning I woke bright and early ready to hit the road to the airport. 2 suitcases and 2 carry on bags in tow and off we went but from the moment I woke I had a really bad feeling something was going to go wrong. Everyone told me it was all going to be fine, but if only they knew how wrong they really were!!!

We arrived at the airport at 12:30pm, checked in my 2 suitcases and headed off for a little wander about before having to board my flight at 1:30pm. (Let me add here that my parents and Pete came to the airport to see me off). I was amazed and relieved when everything was running on time and told Pete and my parents I would be fine to board the plane and they could head off back home.

Feeling confident I boarded the plane, took my seat and off we went into the sky at 1:45pm and scheduled. At this stage I was feeling so relaxed to know that strange feeling I was having that morning must have been just nerves...Until... 2:30pm when we were informed out plane would be turning around and heading back to Melbourne due to an air hostess feeling unwell! .... Ummmm WHAT!?!?! .....

We arrived back at Melbourne about 3:00pm. (I think for a while there they were doing circles and not telling us what was going on). Where was I?!?! Oh yes, We arrived back in Melbourne about 3:00pm only to be told we would be heading off again in about half an hour, they just needed to re-fuel the plane, Only to be told 10 minutes later we would be disembarking the plane and getting put onto other airlines.

(I will try and make this long story short from here)

We all disembarked the plane, collected out luggage, lined up at Jetstar's service desk to find out if we would be on a Quantas or Virgin flight. This took about an hour, Once at the front of the line I found out I would be on a Virgin flight at 8:30pm that night. Once over at the Virgin terminal I checked in my bags only to find out I would have to pay an extra $290 for my excess luggage!!! (I had already paid for this with jetstar prior to this day)... Unhappy was an understatement! I was a mess, Stressed, Crying(Yep I am a sook) and angry!... But I done what had to be done, paid my excess and hung around the airport until it was time to go.

I didn't think my luck could get any worse at this point, but it did!! I boarded my flight with Virgin at 8:00pm, flew off at 8:30pm. Flight was lovely, we arrived in Perth on time and I was greeted by my 2 Aunties. Feeling relaxed that it was all over I waited for my bags to come out on the belt, Only to receive one of my suitcases... F#&! was about the only thing going through my mind, I was shattered that something else had gone wrong. But in the long run I received my bag back 2 days later, It had somehow got put onto a Sydney flight and had to be put onto a new flight to be returned to me.

So that's my story about my trip, life is always an adventure for me! :) I'm now happy and settled at my Aunties house, laying on my bed and writing this post... (I do apologise for no pictures but as this is such a long post I thought it may be a bit to much)


Vee said...

Hi Dani, I read this the other day but didn't have time to comment, so I'm back! I cannot believe you had to pay excess baggage because your chosen airline had to cancel your flight. That sucks!! I hope you're settled in to your new home. I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of another part of Australia. :)


Copyright © Cantik Redzee. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver